Friends’ exists to:
- Fundraise! Friends has raised many thousands of pounds over the years. This money has been spent on improving equipment and resources to enhance our children’s education and the facilities in school in general.
- Provide fun events for both the children and their parents/carers. Forexample Disco’s, the Summer Fete, Bonfire Tea, Quiz Night etc
The Friends Committee meets once per half term and is joined by our Headteacher. In addition smaller working groups meet as necessary to organize our bigger events. We will let you know about what is happening through the school newsletter, friends newsletters (blue), notices around the school, via Parentmail and this website.
Annual General Meeting (AGM) and How Can You Get Involved
Our Annual General Meeting is held during the autumn term. At this meeting we elect our new Committee. You are very welcome to come along as we are always looking for new committee members. However, if you don’t want to join the committee, there are other ways in which you can help. It doesn’t always involve being at school during the school day as some jobs can be done at home and in the evenings or at the weekend. It also doesn’t have to be a regular commitment. Any offers of help however small are gratefully received.
- Helping with one of the events or fundraising activities – This can include helping with the preparation before an event, help during an event or after.
- Become a Committee Member and help with planning and organising of events.
- Providing us with new ideas or suggested improvements.
- Providing donations of money or items for raffle prizes.
- Offers of any contacts or skills we could use – anything is valuable to us.
If you have any questions or want to get involved please do contact us via email, facebook or leave a note with the school office.
Friends of Pendragon Primary Schoolfriends@pendragon.cambs.sch.uk