New GDPR data protection laws
Dear Parents and Carers,
A new data privacy law is being introduced later this month in the UK. As a result, we’re publishing a new Privacy Notice to make it easier for you to find out how we use and protect your information within our academy.
We won’t be fundamentally changing the ways we use your personal information, but the new notice will provide you with additional details such as:
- Your increased rights in relation to the information we hold about you
- How we keep your personal information secure
- The types of personal information we hold about you, and how we collect and use it
- The legal grounds for how we use your information
On the 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will replace the current Data Protection Act 1998.
The GDPR requires public authorities and businesses to identify the lawful basis for storing personal data, audit information we already hold and take a ‘secure by design’ approach to personal data.
It also introduces new individual rights relating to personal data, such as the right to erasure or the right to rectification.
This means, amongst other things, that the data held about you must only be used for specific purpose allowed by law. We are therefore writing to tell you about the types of data held, why that data is held and with whom it may be shared.
How to find out more
Our updated Privacy Notice will be effective from the 25th May 2018 and you can view a copy of it on the school website or pick up a copy at the school office.
The website also details information about the new GDPR bill as it passes through the UK Parliament and links to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).Our ICO registration number is Z4754684.
We’ll keep you up to date
The Privacy Notice makes sure we continue to comply with privacy law and regulation. The latest version of which will always be available on our website.
If you have any questions regarding data protection, please contact Miss Shaw
To learn more about the General Data Protection Regulation, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website on http://www.ico.org.uk.
- Privacy_Notices__GDPR_Parents_&_Carers_-_June2019 (1).docx.pdf
- Privacy_Notice_GDPR_Governors_&_Volunteers_-_June2019 (1).pdf
- Privacy_Notice_GDPR_Job_Applicants_-_June2019 (1) (1).docx.pdf
- Privacy_Notices__GDPR_Staff_-_June2019 (2).pdf
- Record retention policy2018.pdf
- Data Protection Policy
- Data Retention Policy