PTA - Friends of Pendragon
School. We will provide a social, welcoming, and fun environment; ultimately forging new friendships and making a difference for all pupils, to enable the Committee to successfully raise funds, arrange community engagement activities, and drive increased Parent/carer and community participation in the school.
The full Friends' Committee meets once every half term, dates for the rest of this school year are:
- Tuesday 15th January
- Wednesday 13th March
- Thursday 16th May
- Wednesday 12th June
Alongside the full Committee Meetings sub-committees meet ad hoc to organise and plan the different events we put on.
We will let you know about these events through the school newsletter, Friends' newsletters, parent mail, our 2 Friends' notice boards (main gate and on the wall near to Foundation Stage gate) and our social media page on Facebook - Friends of Pendragon.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Our Annual General Meeting is held during the autumn term. At this meeting we elect to our formal Committee roles. The meeting this year was held on 18th October and the following people were appointed to formal roles on the Committee:
***Keep an eye out for our "Mug shots" on the notice boards***
Friends of Pendragonfriends@pendragon.cambs.sch.uk
As a parent/carer of a Pendragon pupil you are already involved! Automatic membership for everyone.
How You Can Be Involved in the Committee
Attending any of our meetings and becoming a Committee member is welcomed - just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arranged to let you in the building! Being a Committee member involves helping to plan and organise events, activities and volunteers.
However, if you don’t want to join the committee, there are other ways in which you can help. Firstly, you can join our email distribution list for Helpers - we send out requests for help as and when needed and if you can help, then amazing! Usually, we're asking for 30 mins of your time to help run a stall or maybe to stuff envelopes, make hampers, do something crafty; but there are SO many skills you can help to enrich your child's educational experience:
- Donate raffle prizes or cakes when requested
- Buy the items Friends sells
- Buy raffle tickets and sell them to your friends and family
- Use Easyfundraising.org.uk to make your on line purchases (it's a cash back scheme that means Friends receive a donation every time you use it and it costs you NOTHING)
- Use one of the label companies we are linked to (see below) for labelliing your child's uniform
- Attend our events
- See if your employer offers charity donations/match funding schemes/helping hand schemes - we can help you navigate this if you think your employer might run something.
- Share our posts from our Facebook page