Pupil Premium and Service Premium
In the 2022 to 2023 financial year, schools will receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,455 for pupils in Reception Year to Year 6
Schools will also receive £2,530 for each pupil who has left local-authority care because of 1 of the following:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order
- a residence order
If a pupil has been registered as eligible for free school meals and has also left local-authority care for any of the reasons above, they will attract the £2,530 rate.
Service pupil premium
Service pupil premium is additional funding for schools, but it is not based on disadvantage.
Schools get £335 in 2022 to 2023 for every pupil with a parent who:
- is serving in HM Forces
- has retired on a pension from the Ministry of Defence
This funding is primarily to help with pastoral support. It can also be used to help improve the academic progress of eligible pupils if schools deem this to be a priority.
- PP Strategy 2021-24 updated Dec 2023.pdf
- PP Strategy 2021-24 updated Dec 2022.pdf
- Pupil Premium Strategy 2021-24 (as at Dec 2021)
- Pupil premium strategy and review .pdf